Date: 4/20/24 4:52 pm
From: James Kimball <kimball...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Piffard: shorebirds
I saw about 30 shorebirds late this afternoon along Flats Rd. a short way SE of Piffard in Livingston County.- mostly in wet spots on either side of the first big lone tree. Approximate numbers: 4 Wilson’s Snipe, 12 Greater Yellowlegs, 5 Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Dunlin and 8 Pectoral Sandpipers. In a nearby field were 5 Bonaparte’s and 2 Ring-billed Gulls.
The greenway south from Chandler Rd. (through the horse farm) does have a pretty good flooded spot; but I’ve only seen a couple shorebirds (Y’Legs and Killdeer) a pair of Blue-winged Teal and Kingfisher.

Our department secretary tells me the flats near Sonya, along Rte. 258 (to Groveland Station) is flooded, as often happens this time of year, and she saw lots of ducks and others - I’m hoping someone will check it out; I haven’t seen any postings.

Jim Kimball
<kimball...>