sjbirds
Received From Subject
5/16/24 5:53 pm England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] THIS WEEKEND: FISH HATCHERY & ANNUAL PICNIC & MEETING
5/10/24 10:07 am England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] SJ Audubon Field Trip: Cosumnes River Walk (Meet at 6:00 am)
5/7/24 9:47 am England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] SJ AUDUBON MAY FIELD TRIPS -AND- ANNUAL PICNIC (REVISED EFF 5/7/24)
4/30/24 12:23 pm Pat Paternostro via groups.io <BRONCOS30...> [SJBirds] Saturday Audubon Trip
4/29/24 7:47 pm England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] SJ Audubon MAY FIELD TRIPS AND ANNUAL PICNIC
4/26/24 7:25 pm donna marciano via groups.io <paulmarciano...> [SJBirds] Tracy Earth Day tomorrow
4/25/24 11:02 am England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] CORRECTED SJ Audubon Field Trips This Weekend (CONNOLLY RANCH is SUNDAY, not Monday as previously posted.)
4/24/24 9:33 pm England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] SJ Audubon Field Trips This Weekend
4/23/24 11:08 pm k foley via groups.io <kaseyfoley...> [SJBirds] Looking for breeding urban or suburban house wrens

Back to top
Date: 5/16/24 5:53 pm
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] THIS WEEKEND: FISH HATCHERY & ANNUAL PICNIC & MEETING
THIS WEEKEND: FISH HATCHERY & ANNUAL PICNIC & MEETING

MONTHLY CENSUS @ FISH HATCHERY
MAY 18 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM AM (SATURDAY)
Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery parking lot below the dam at 8:00 AM.
ANNUAL PICNIC AND BIRDING @ BLACK HOLE
MAY 19 @ 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM (SUNDAY)
San Joaquin Audubon Society will hold its Annual Chapter Picnic at Black Hole on SUNDAY, May 19 2024. All are welcome!
The meeting and activities are open to all members and non-members who love birds.
--At 8:00 AM we will bird around black hole area and return to the picnic spot by 11:30AM.
--The Annual meeting and picnic will happen in the lawn/picnic area near the club house.
--Black Hole is a privately-funded wetland preserve providing year round habitat to multiple species.
--Contact <dfries.audubon...> for information about the location or direction.

--
Alan England, Stockton

Back to top
Date: 5/10/24 10:07 am
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] SJ Audubon Field Trip: Cosumnes River Walk (Meet at 6:00 am)
COSUMNES RIVER WALK
MAY 11 @ 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Join leader Jim Rowoth for the monthly River Walk bird count through the varied habitats of the CRP. Meet Jim at the visitor center on Franklin Blvd at 6:00 AM.
--
Alan England, Stockton

Back to top
Date: 5/7/24 9:47 am
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] SJ AUDUBON MAY FIELD TRIPS -AND- ANNUAL PICNIC (REVISED EFF 5/7/24)
MAY FIELD TRIPS -AND- ANNUAL PICNIC
(REVISED EFF 5/7/24)
[Clarified Picnic day of week, and changed location of May 15 field trip]
===================
*COSUMNES RIVER WALK*
MAY 11 @ 6:00 AM - 11:00 (SATURDAY)
Join leader Jim Rowoth for the monthly River Walk bird count through the varied habitats of the CRP. Meet Jim at the visitor center on Franklin Blvd at 7:00 AM.
*
MONTHLY CENSUS @ FISH HATCHERY*
MAY 18 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM AM (SATURDAY)
Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery parking lot below the dam at 8:00 AM.
*
ANNUAL PICNIC AND BIRDING @ BLACK HOLE*
MAY 19 @ 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM ( *SUNDAY* )
San Joaquin Audubon Society will hold its Annual Chapter Picnic at Black Hole on Saturday, May 19 2024. All are welcome!
The meeting and activities are open to all members and non-members who love birds.
--At 8:00 AM we will bird around black hole area and return to the picnic spot by 11:30AM.
--The Annual meeting and picnic will happen in the lawn/picnic area near the club house.
--Black Hole is a privately-funded wetland preserve providing year round habitat to multiple species.
--Contact <dfries.audubon...> for information about the location or direction.
*
BEGINNER’S BIRD WALK @ RIVER ISLANDS.*
SATURDAY, MAY 25 8am – 11:am for a beginning bird walk for folks of all ages. We will start at the gravel parking lot at the south entrance of River Islands (at the river side of the road) . We will walk the smooth paved path, accessible by a stroller or wheelchair.
We will do a two-mile loop. First we will follow the path along the San Joaquin River, and then we will cross over to return around the lake. Note: there are no bathroom facilities at the site.
LOCATION:
301 Stewart Rd, Lathrop, CA 95330
DIRECTIONS:
Take exit 460 (Manthey Rd) from I-5(S).
Turn right onto Manthey Road.
-At the first stop sign turn left onto Stewart Road.
-When you reach the first roundabout the parking area is on the right
-Coordinates 37.788505, -121.309836

--
Alan England, Stockton

Back to top
Date: 4/30/24 12:23 pm
From: Pat Paternostro via groups.io <BRONCOS30...>
Subject: [SJBirds] Saturday Audubon Trip
All
See below for details of this Saturdays beginning birders walk.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Join leader Pat Paternostro for a spring birding outing in Lodi. We will begin the day at Lodi Lake, birding the oaks on Laurel Ave and the lake edge, we will then move our trip to the Woodbridge Wilderness area where we will look for migrants in the meadow and surrounding areas.

The trails in the wilderness area are maintained, but proper footwear is recommended. Also, poison oak is present in the park, (The trip to Woodbridge will mainly concentrate on the meadow and easy access trails).

We will start the trip at 8am, at the end of Laurel Ave, east side of Lodi Lake.

Back to top
Date: 4/29/24 7:47 pm
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] SJ Audubon MAY FIELD TRIPS AND ANNUAL PICNIC
*INTRODUCTORY BIRDING @ LODI LAKE*
MAY 4 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM (SATURDAY)
Join leader Pat Paternostro at the north end of Laurel Ave. in Lodi (on the east side of Lodi Lake Park, off of Turner Rd.) at 8:00 AM. Birders of all skill levels are welcome, but the focus will be on birding fundamentals. Extra binoculars and field guides will be available.

[...]

*BEGINNER’S BIRD WALK @ MOUNTAIN HOUSE CREEK PARK & WETLANDS*
MAY 25 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM AM (SATURDAY)
Join San Joaquin Audubon member, Henry Koertzen for a beginning bird trip for people of all ages. We will start the bird walk at 8:00AM near the intersection of Main Street and Central Parkway (at the pond side of the road). We will be walking the dirt path, accessible by stroller or wheelchair.

--
Alan England, Stockton

Back to top
Date: 4/26/24 7:25 pm
From: donna marciano via groups.io <paulmarciano...>
Subject: [SJBirds] Tracy Earth Day tomorrow
If you missed Earth Day last week or want to celebrate again then join San Joaquin Audubon Society for Tracy Earth Day tomorrow, April 27, in Downtown Tracy from 9-1pm. Come on out and celebrate with us!

Back to top
Date: 4/25/24 11:02 am
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] CORRECTED SJ Audubon Field Trips This Weekend (CONNOLLY RANCH is SUNDAY, not Monday as previously posted.)
Field Trips This Weekend
=================
BEGINNER’S BIRD WALK @ MOUNTAIN HOUSE CREEK PARK & WETLANDS
APRIL 27 @ 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Join San Joaquin Audubon member, Henry Koertzen for a beginning bird trip for people of all ages. We will start the bird walk at 8:00AM near the intersection of Main Street and Central Parkway (at the pond side of the road). We will be walking the dirt path, accessible by stroller or wheel hair.
CONNOLLY RANCH FIELD TRIP
APRIL 28 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM (SUNDAY)
Leader: Dave Fries
We will enter the gate to this private ranch at 8:00 a,m, on April 28. The ranch is in south of the County near the Carnegie State OMMV Park. Driving time from Stockton is about 45 min. You must Register with <dfries.audubon...> if you wish to go on the field trip. Bring food and water for yourself. The ranch is very hilly, being part of the Mt. Diablo Costal Range; thus, hiking with changes in altitude is probable. We hope to observe migrating species as well as species that prefer higher altitude habitat in this country. More detailed information will be emailed to all have registered near the date of the field trip.
--
Alan England, Stockton

Back to top
Date: 4/24/24 9:33 pm