Date: 4/29/24 9:34 am
From: Matthew Dodder via groups.io <mdodder...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] McClellan Ranch
There have been two BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRDS at McClellan Ranch. The male first showed up on Friday, April 19, and I saw him again on Monday, April 22. Then a female visited the feeder this past Friday, April 26 which I found when I was escorting some visiting birders around the preserve. Her pale throat, small rounded head, and long curved bill were good features. With any luck, we may have a nest along the creek again this year.

WILSON’S WARBLER has been singing regularly outside my office door each morning. The WESTERN FLYCATCHERS have dropped from a high of 6 individuals to only one or two around the meadow. WARBLING VIREOS seem to be stable at two singing birds.

Matthew

There is still time to help our Birdathon.
Click on any other teams to pledge your support:

https://scvas.org/spring-birdathon-2024-teams
Spring Birdathon 2024 - Teams — Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
scvas.org

Matthew Dodder (he/him)
Executive Director
Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society
22221 McClellan Rd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
408-252-3748
<director...>
scvas.org

View/Reply Online (#28196): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/28196
South Bay Birds is maintained by the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (https://scvas.org) and its volunteers.
Our website, https://scvas.org/siliconvalleybirding, contains content guidelines, the SBB code of conduct, and additional information.

Do not disclose information that identifies the location of nesting birds of any species, to minimize stress on the nesting birds and the risk of vandalism or abuse.

Birding events in and near Santa Clara County: https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds-events/ .
Discussions: Facebook group Santa Clara County Birding (https://www.facebook.com/groups/110996713065201/) and a Discord Server (https://discord.gg/NteQSY3Tn8).
SCVAS self-guided field trips, maps and descriptions: https://scvas.org/self-guided-field-trips
SCVAS Salt Pond Map: https://scvas.org/salt-ponds-of-santa-clara-county