Date: 4/24/24 7:31 am
From: Rob Graham <graham...>
Subject: Re: Whistling Ducks at Larned / 24 April - and Great Bend
Last week on April 15 I saw a flock of 8 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks in
> Great Bend. They were flying low over McKinley Street by Veterans Lake. I
> suspect that the numbers in Great Bend are large and are increasing,
> however
> it's a big town with lots of ponds and old sandpits where they can
> disappear
> from sight.

Scott Seltman

I have seen more BBWDs this year than ever before. I saw a large flock over
the zoo on 4/21 and a flock of about 2 dozen near Vets on 4/22. I don't
know where they are roosting.

Rob Graham
Great Bend

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html