Date: 4/21/24 6:27 am
From: Dedra Gerard <000002df2472bba2-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Sharp Chapel and New Birders
Love it! Thank you for all you are doing for us birders!

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Saturday, April 20, 2024, 9:55 PM, Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...> wrote:

A year ago I started a Facebook page called Birding In and Around Fort Smith. I was hoping to pull together some of the new birders in the area.There are now 250 Facebook members. And thanks to one of our new birders, Matt Matlock, we are now having monthly field trips. Today five of us crammed into my 4Runner and headed to Sharp Chapel Road in Crawford County. It was a cold, windy, sprinkly morning but we had much fun none the less. Three of our group had multiple lifers. And two of us added state birds. There weren’t as many shorebirds there today as yesterday. I expect the east wind pushed them north. But we did get a Marbled Godwit and a Willet. And there were still 30ish American Avocets. It’s so fun to see the enthusiasm of these new birders. I feel like the old grandma birder, but that’s quite fine for me. I’m thankful they’re enjoying themselves so much.
Sandy B.Fort Smith

To unsubscribe from the ARBIRD-L list, click the following link:

or click the following link: