Date: 4/18/24 12:30 pm
From: Paul Dickson via groups.io <paul...>
Subject: Re: [labird] Sandhill crane photographed at NOLA City Park south course today
Mississippi sandhill crane reintroduction program was based on a captive breeding flock and ended some years ago. Perhaps this is one out of that program one way or another. Whatever the case, it’s not a wild one based on the behavior and season.
On Apr 18, 2024, at 12:45 PM, Steven W. Cardiff via groups.io <scardif...> wrote:

 Labirder-ebirders-
Before I take action on reviewing eBird observations, I was wondering
if anyone has seen this crane fly or been able to determine that it has a
complete set of primary feathers.... Given the behavior, it's difficult to
believe that this bird has not been in captivity or is not somehow
imprinted on humans..... Could it conceivably be the same individual that
was at Audubon Species Survival Center/Wilderness Park back in winter
2021-22?

Steve Cardiff