Date: 4/16/24 1:26 pm
From: Tami Vogel via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] Afton FOYs
I don't know when it happened, but spring has sprung. The trees are noticeably a bright green, my wild ginger and violets are blooming, and overwintering butterflies are abundant.

A welcome burst of sunshine on a dark day - FOY pine warblers showed up today.

If, after a quick scan of your feeders, your brain says, "huh, a goldfinch on my suet?" take another look - it is likely a pine warbler.

Still waiting on the horde of yellow-rumpeds. Soon I won't be able to keep suet feeders filled.

FOY chipping sparrows showed up the other day and today the first white-throateds are filling my yard with song.

Loads of purple finches and siskins remain, maybe 2 dozen juncos left. It has definitely been a year for finches.

The lovely evening song of robins fills my house daily.

Ahhh, the joys of living somewhere with changing seasons. Does a soul good.

Wishing you all fun springs signs -

Tami in Afton