Date: 4/16/24 11:28 am
From: 'A. Robbins' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Re: Loggerhead Shrike sightings in NH
Thanks for the great find, Ian.
We were able to see the Loggerhead Shrike today.

A little history of George Robbins' Loggerhead Shrike....

He was a college student at UNH when he found it in Durham in 1974.

He was all excited to see a shrike in NH, since he was hoping it was a
Northern Shrike,
which would have been a life bird for him.....

But, he was actually a bit disappointed !!!
to discover that, instead, it was JUST a Loggerhead, since he had seen
plenty of them
while growing up in Maryland.

George had no clue how rare a Loggerhead Shrike was in NH until
he got back to Ornithology class and his professor, Art Borror, told him
how amazing the record was.

So, this is his second Loggerhead Shrike for the state, with his first only
50 years ago....

Andrea and George Robbins