Date: 4/16/24 4:37 am
From: Jody Enck <jodyenck...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Earth Day activities with the Cayuga Bird Club
Dear Cayuga Birders

If you want to know more about our bird habitat improvement project in
Lighthouse Point Woods (also known as Jetty Woods), please consider coming
down on Sunday or Monday to engage with us.

Sunday 10am to noon. Park at the Newman Golf Course at the west end of
Willow Avenue. Walk in the dirt access road along the inlet to Lighthouse
Point Woods. We will be working with Trees Up Tompkins and lots of Cornell
students.

Monday 10am to noon. Park at the Golf Course and meet by the yellow gate
of the access road. We will be working with Trees Up Tompkins again and
also with students from the New Roots Charter School. I especially need
some additional seasoned helpers with this one who can help guide
activities.

What kind of help can you provide? Here is what we need:

Someone to take photographs
Someone to take notes about our activities and write down the kinds of
questions people ask
Someone to help explain about birds, bird ID, and bird migration
Someone to help direct students using the privet-pullers
Someone to guide a small group around the area to examine our fences and
note their condition and repair needs (no fence repair, just note taking)
Someone to write down ideas from the students about how they can become
engaged in preparing additional signage and information to be displayed via
our QR codes.

Bring your camera, a small notebook or pad of paper and something to write
with, gloves and boots (it will be wet with all the rain we've head), your
binoculars, your enthusiasm, and a smile.

*Please let me know if you can help either Sunday or Monday by emailing me
at <jodyenck...> <jodyenck...>*

Thanks!
Jody

Jody W. Enck, PhD
Conservation Social Scientist, and
Founder of the Sister Bird Club Network
607-379-5940

--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")

NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsWELCOME_DOT_htm
NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsRULES_DOT_htm
NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave_DOT_htm

ARCHIVES:
1) mail-archive_DOT_com/cayugabirds-l@cornell_DOT_edu/maillist_DOT_html
2) surfbirds_DOT_com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds
3) aba_DOT_org/birding-news/

ebird_DOT_org/content/ebird/