Date: 5/5/24 8:11 pm
From: John York via groups.io <johnyork157...>
Subject: Re: [centralvalleybirds] Ring Neck Doves

Bill,These are escapees.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, in captivity in this area.  I was at an auction this afternoon where they were being sold.  Some of mine escaped in the past, but they always hung around to get re-caught and put back in their cages where food was easy.
JY
On Sunday, May 5, 2024 at 05:41:30 PM PDT, Bill via groups.io <wg6h...> wrote:

I recently saw a pair of Ring Neck Doves in my backyard.

The web says these are native to Africa.

Is this a rare sighting?

Thanks,

Bill Miner

Sacramento