Date: 5/5/24 5:27 pm
From: Jack Smiley <jackrsmiley...>
Subject: [birders] Bobolinks - Conservancy Farm
While in the Community Organic Garden this morning, I heard the
distinctive, sweet call of a Bobolink. Yes, they are back! I looked up to
see two Bobolinks perched on top of a bush along the garden fence. It sure
is nice to see that the Bobolinks have returned from their long journey.

Also, last Tuesday, April 30th, I was able to witness the return of the
Barn Swallows to the Conservancy Farm. When I first arrived at the Farm at
6 p.m. I didn't see a single Barn Swallow. By 7:30 p.m., though, a large
swarm of Barn Swallows descended upon the landscape, flying circles around
the garden. I know that I'm projecting a bit, but by the way that they
were flying around they sure seemed happy to be back!

By the way, we have a few open plots at the Community Organic Garden. I'd
rather see tham used than lie fallow, so we are offering free garden plots
if you'd care to join us. What a great place to see birds! Please let me
know if you'd like a plot.

Jack

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAJpB0PV6ORQ%<3DKEbFgXkLkt9M4dx-xicgMTY1TFzJGr5HTMD8Tg...>