Date: 5/4/24 3:25 pm
From: Dennis Serdehely <birders...>
Subject: Fernley Backyard Birds
We had an amazing day in our backyard today. The bad weather dropped down an incredible variety and number of migrants: Wilson's Warbler 3, Black-throated Gray Warbler 2, Nashville Warbler 2, Gray Flycatcher 1, Lazuli Bunting at least 4 maybe more, Yellow Warbler 2, Yellow-rumped Warbler 4, Yellow-breasted Chat 1, MacGillivray's Warbler 1, Warbling Vireo 1, Orange-crowned Warbler 1, Townsend's warbler 1, Western Tanager 2, Bullock's Oriole 2, Pine Siskin 1, Black-headed Grosbeak 1. All of these birds were seen at our water feature or in its immediate vicinity, where we were able to watch them from our back window.  There was also a Calliope Hummingbird coming to one of our hummingbird feeders in addition to our summer resident Black-chinned Hummingbirds.
Dennis Serdehely

Join us on Facebook!