Date: 5/3/24 11:08 am
From: Jeff Hansen via groups.io <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Eurasian tree sparrow returns. Sanborn county
Today I noticed a house sparrow on one of my nest boxes. I was really
hoping it was the Eurasian tree sparrow. Then I noticed a couple more house
sparrows. All males but then I noticed another bird land on a fence post
and it was the Eurasian tree sparrow. I saw it two different times and I
haven't seen it since.

Lots of native sparrows. I had My first Savannah Sparrow of the season.
Lots of chipping, clay, colored white, crowned and Harris are eating where
I saw The house sparrows and the Eurasian tree sparrow..

If this is a female Eurasian tree sparrow, it's very possible it will pair
up with a male house. Sparrow.

So I guess I will just watch and see what happens..