Date: 5/3/24 9:21 am
From: Marlene Koslowsky <000006d228557fef-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [GABO-L] FOTS Mississippi Kite
Hey, all!
This begins year six of having Mississippi Kites in my neighborhood here in the southern portion of Fayette County. This one showed up today, flying with its amazing wing movements and whistling as though to announce its return. And, yes, stopped in the exact same tree it hung out in last year and the year before. The other years it hung out in a tree next to it we had to take down before it fell on our driveway. This one may do the same but it's our neighbor's, not ours.I hope they leave it.
We have three tall trees in our front yard, one of which held their nesting spot last year. I have a clear (ish) view of it and hope they use the same spot again. Time will tell. Checklist below.
Haooy Spring Birding, Everyone!
~Marlene Koslowsky
Fayette County
https://ebird.org/checklist/S171680855