Date: 4/29/24 5:41 pm
From: Naomi Lloyd via groups.io <naomi_kestrel...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Upcoming field trips: Bog Meadow Brook, 5/4 and Anchor Diamond Park, 5/5
In addition to our Wednesday morning walk at Buckingham Pond, we will also visit:

Saturday, May 4, BOG MEADOW BROOK TRAIL (Saratoga County; morning)

Coordinator: Ron Harrower <ronharrower14...>

Bog Meadow Brook Trail, an old rail trail just east of Saratoga Springs, runs along the northern edge of a swamp and consists of wetland habitat with two ponds with a wet mixed forest in between. This varied habitat provides a good migration stop for many warblers and other passerine species, while the ponds and wetlands will have waders and marshbirds, and shorebirds are likely if the edges are exposed.

Meet at 8:00 a.m. at the trailhead pull-off on Meadowbrook Road, about 0.3 mile west of Stafford Bridge Rd/Rt. 67. If we have enough participants, we will stage some vehicles at the Lake Ave end to save walking the round trip.

Details/directions:
https://hmbc.net/event-5520647

========================

Sunday, May 5, ANCHOR DIAMOND PARK (Saratoga County; morning)

Coordinator: Dan Leonard <dannyboy67leonard...>

246-acre Anchor Diamond Park at Hawkwood is located at the corner of Route 50 and Middleline Road in the Town of Ballston. On this trip, we’ll bird some of the network of trails that crisscross streams and wooded wetlands in this beautiful gem of a park. So, be prepared to encounter SOME mud. Past visits to this park in early May have yielded Red-shouldered Hawk, Winter Wren, Rusty Blackbird, woodland thrushes, Louisiana Waterthrush, and other spring warblers.

Meet at 7:00 a.m. at the parking lot off Middleline Rd, about 500 ft off Route 50.

Details/directions:
https://hmbc.net/event-5520653

Good spring birding!

Naomi Lloyd