Date: 4/29/24 3:06 pm
From: Alan Wells <alan.wells...>
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] No sighting - Doodletown access?
Hi Allan and all NYSBIRDS recipients,

Based on conversations with PIPC staff, all Doodletown trails are closed until further notice for repairing storm damaged trails. PIPC is estimating that repairs will not be completed until at least early summer. They will notify the public when repairs are complete. Parking along Rte 202/9W was closed for a number of months. It is now open to parking for accessing the public areas of Iona Island. There is also a small hiker’s parking lot off Seven Lakes Dr, but even if open, the Doodletown trails themselves are all closed.

The staff we spoke to were well aware that birders would likely try to sneak into the closed area but emphasized that area would be patrolled and anyone caught in the area would be issued a ticket.

Sorry for the bad news, but hope this clarifies things.

Alan Wells

Sent from my iPhone