Date: 4/29/24 2:36 pm
From: Edge Wade <1edgewade...>
Subject: Query as to how to protect robin nestlings
Mobirders,
The MBS website has received the query below. If you have suggestions, please reply to the address in the cc: above.

A robin built its nest under the eave of my house. A hawk is trying to eat her babies. Can I put up poster board on 3 sides of her nest (wide apart) allowing her to get in and out from the bottom to protect her nest from the hawk? Will that work or damage her babies in some way or trap the hawk in with her?

Thanks!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
<1edgewade...><mailto:<1edgewade...>

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.
Details and registration: https://mobirds.org/MBS/NextMeeting.aspx

Join us on Facebook!