Date: 4/29/24 1:37 pm
From: Steve McMasters via groups.io <smcmasters...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Meadow Park Migrants
A morning walk in Meadow Park (San Luis Obispo) revealed a large "push" of
migrants active in the park. After hearing a few Western tanagers each
morning over the last week, they were by far the most numerous birds in the
park this morning. My estimate was 50+...but it was difficult to get an
accurate count as the flew from tree to tree (and would effectively
disappear into the dense bottlebrush trees). There was a noticeable
increase in other migrants including Black headed grosbeaks, Bullocks and
Northern orioles, Yellow-rumped, yellow, Wilson's and Orange crowned
warblers and singular (that I saw) Lazuli bunting and Cassin's vireo. The
birds were concentrated in the area between the King St. pedestrian bridge
and the eastern culvert/stream crossing.

A very birdy place indeed....

Steven McMasters
San Luis Obispo