Date: 4/29/24 12:44 pm
From: WANG PEGGY <00000454f4164bea-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Blacklick & Woodside Green Monday
I arrived a bit later than hoped so I missed a few birds seen by Bob McNulty et al but still checked off some personal FOYs despite not a lot of activity. Best was the Worm-eating Warbler Bob found just off the boardwalk as it gleaned from dead leaves. Such a pretty warbler. We got to watch it for awhile as it foraged in silence. FOY. Just as we were leaving I spotted some movement in the ground—an Ovenbird showed itself pretty well.

It was awfully warm by the time I got Woodside Green and Bob & I did not find much. I heard a N Parula singing an alternate song which is always interesting. A couple Yellow-rumpeds were chasing each other. 3-4 mallard drakes were having some kind testosterone battle—much chasing on & off the water with lots of quacking & wing-flapping—sort of odd behavior esp when the chase continued into the woods bordering the stream.

Blacklick
Warblers
Worm-eating FOY
Black-throated Blue male FOY from nature center window
Nashville FOY
Ovenbird (first time I’ve actually seen it this year, was heard only)
B&W (same)
Yellow-rumped
Tennessee heard only
N Parula heard only

Swainson’s Thrush FOY
Wood Thrush
Catbird
Rose-breasted Grosbeak FOY
BG Gnatcatcher—saw one gathering cobwebs
Red-eyed Vireo
Indigo Bunting
Red-shouldered Hawk

Woodside Green