Date: 4/29/24 12:31 pm
From: Daniel Getman <000002b3a133f539-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Two Brown Thrasher nests

Three years ago, I saw Brown Thrashers building a nest in a Shasta Viburnum bush, but then they abandoned it, probably because that’s a kinda busy part of the yard.

The last 2 years, they’ve nested in a group of 12 ninebark bushes in a quieter part of the yard.

This year, a pair was visiting the Shasta Viburnum again. Turns out this year there are 2 completed nests, no eggs yet, one in both places approx 4-5 ft off the ground.

We’ll see what develops!

Not much warbler activity yet, but today we had 3 male and 1 female Rose-breasted Grosbeaks at the feeders.

Dan Getman, Kirksville, northeast MO

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.
Details and registration: https://mobirds.org/MBS/NextMeeting.aspx

Join us on Facebook!