Date: 4/29/24 12:26 pm
From: Bob And Nancy <blnllaval...>
Subject: Bird apps
I have the Merlin Bird ID App on my IPAD. Tried out the sound id section this morning. Stepped out the back door early. I am hard of hearing and don’t hear birds like I used to. Wear hearing aids but don’t help much with the high pitched voices. Anyway this sound id thing is amazing. It picked up 10 bird songs quickly. I could hear maybe 5 of them. It also heard yellow, Black and White and Yellow-Rumped Warblers. Also Warbling, Red-Eyed and White-Eyed Vireos. Apparently we had a fallout of migrants after the tornadic storm that went through here about dark.
The sound id lists the bird singing and keeps a list of all bird’s heard. The next bird heard is at the top of the list as an active singer and will stay there until a new voice is heard. If it has been previously heard it is not repeated to the saved list.
How I wish I had this app many years ago.
Bob Laval
Heavener
Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!