Date: 4/29/24 5:52 am
From: Bruni <bruni...>
Subject: Feast for the eyes
We were about to go on our walk this morning when I  spotted the Red-headed woodpecker on the suet.  What a gorgeous sight with the sun dappled greenery in the background!   This is the third time I've seen it, making me hopeful that they will nest here again.

There are two Catbirds hanging out together ducking in and out of the quince bush⁣ where they nested last year.  When I  checked the nest with six bluebird eggs yesterday I found one hatchling.  Love all this activity in the yard.  The Carolina wren family has been a particular joy.  So cute to see them lining up for the next food morsel.

A hummingbird was nectaring on the coral vine that is loaded with blossoms.  Their numbers should increase as it gets warmer.

Bruni Haydl
Jefferson Co

Get BlueMail for Android ​

Join us on Facebook!