Date: 4/28/24 8:08 pm
From: A. Liebner <000000d98121eaef-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Grosbeak, White-crowned Sp Schuylkill County
Sunday, 4/28/24After some much needed weeding around the young grey dogwoods, I sat on the front porch to relax and do some  birding. The list:  Chipping Sparrows, Song Sparrows, White-throated Sparrows, House Finches, Robins, Eastern Bluebirds, Blue Jays, Tree Swallows, Mockingbirds, a Field Sparrow, a few grackles, Red-winged BB, Starlings , House Sparrows and several TVs were rocking lazy circles over the fields. A pair of Brown Thrashers foraged along the thickets when a third thrasher crashed the party. It was immediately chased and after a few passes back and forth across in front of me, it disappeared around the corner of the house. In the past we had two pair nesting on or near our property so when a fourth one arrives things should settle down.

I went to check the back of the house and noticed a FOY female Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the red oak. It came onto the tray  feeder, then flew to the birdbath and remained in the yard until dark. A White-crowned Sparrow FOY showed up under the feeders. Other species: Cardinals, Mourning Doves, Goldfinches,  Northern Flickers, Downy, Hairy, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, White-breasted Nuthatches, Titmice and more from the list above.
 Still waiting for Catbirds, Orioles, Indigo Buntings and Hummingbirds.
No warbler sightings yet!
Happy spring birding, ,
Ann M Liebner
Wayne Twp., Schuylkill County Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Join us on Facebook!