Date: 4/28/24 5:39 pm
From: Harold Reeve via groups.io <birder...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Roseate Spoonbill in Stanislaus Co.
Hi birders, I am just the messenger regarding a Roseate Spoonbill found in Stanislaus County on the San Joaquin River NWR about 3:20 this afternoon, April 27, by Jodi Smith. The spoonbill was seen from the Wetlands Loop of the Pelican Nature Trail, looking north from the sharp right turn in the trail where it first approaches the marsh about 400 yards (roughly 1/4 mile) northeast of the parking area. It was seen and photographed by Jodi and several other birders between 4:30 and 5:00 pm before it flew slightly north and out of sight. It was also reported about 6:00 pm when it was flushed by a Bald Eagle and flew off towards the northeast. I would love to know if this is the Kern Co. spoonbill, last seen at the Kern Water Bank in mid-March, relocated a few hundred miles north.Harold ReeveModesto