Date: 4/28/24 11:04 am
From: Lance Benner via groups.io <lbenner...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] ABC MISSING species, Sunday, 10:45 am
Hi Everyone, Our list of "MISSING" species is getting quite a bit
shorter. Here are the species we found in previous years that we
haven't found yet this weekend:

# Greater White-fronted Goose

# Tundra Bean-Goose

# Brant

# Canvasback

# Greater Scaup

# White-winged Scoter

# Black Scoter

# Hooded Merganser

# Common Merganser

# Gambel's Quail

# Chukar

# Horned Grebe

# Common Ground-Dove

# White-winged Dove

# Calliope Hummingbird

# Ridgway's Rail

# Sandhill Crane

# Pacific Golden-Plover

# Red Knot

# Ruff

# Stilt Sandpiper

# Baird's Sandpiper

# Pectoral Sandpiper

# Semipalmated Sandpiper

# Red Phalarope

# Pomarine Jaeger

# Scripps's Murrelet

# Cassin's Auklet

# Rhinoceros Auklet

# Sabine's Gull

# Laughing Gull

# Franklin's Gull

# Short-billed Gull

# Lesser Black-backed Gull

# Iceland Gull (Thayer's Gull)

# Glaucous Gull

# Black Tern

# Common Tern

# Yellow-billed Loon

# Black-footed Albatross

# Leach's Storm-Petrel

# Northern Fulmar

# Pink-footed Shearwater

# Black-vented Shearwater

# Red-footed Booby

# American White Pelican

# American Bittern

# California Condor

# White-tailed Kite

# Zone-tailed Hawk

# Ferruginous Hawk

# Flammulated Owl

# Burrowing Owl

# Spotted Owl

# Long-eared Owl

# Williamson's Sapsucker

# Red-naped Sapsucker

# Crested Caracara

# Least Flycatcher

# Tropical Kingbird

# Thick-billed Kingbird

# Purple Martin

# Golden-crowned Kinglet

# American Dipper

# Mountain Bluebird

# Varied Thrush

# Red-throated Pipit

# Evening Grosbeak

# Grasshopper Sparrow

# Clay-colored Sparrow

# Field Sparrow

# Harris's Sparrow

# Vesper Sparrow

# Swamp Sparrow

# Orchard Oriole

# Baltimore Oriole

# Northern Waterthrush

# Black-and-white Warbler

# Tennessee Warbler

# Hooded Warbler

# Northern Parula

# Chestnut-sided Warbler

# Red-faced Warbler

# Painted Redstart

# Summer Tanager

# Indigo Bunting

Notes about selected species: American White Pelican:One of our
biggest misses. Reported as recently as April 20 at Almansor Park and
flying over the lower Arroyo Seco. Calliope Hummingbird:One at Bear
Divide on April 22 and another at a private residence in La
Canada-Flintridge on April 25. One of our biggest misses so far.
Chestnut-sided Warbler: One has been hanging out a Victory Park in
Pasadena and was reported within the last week. Is it still there?
Pine Warbler: Also reported within the last week, although it's not on
the list above. We've never gotten one during ABC weekend. Cassin's
Sparrow:Reported as recently as April 25. Greater White-fronted
Goose:Reported at Apollo Park as recently as April 20. Brant:Reported
at Dockeweiler State Beach on April 15. Common Merganser:Reported at
Quail Lake on April 20 Thick-billed Kingbird:Seen at Griffith Park as
recently as April 21. Some are species that we usually get, although
they're on the edge due to migration north out of the area. Thank you!
Regards, Lance BennerAltadena_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#4194) | Reply To Sender | Reply To Group | Mute
This Topic | New Topic

[<lists...>]
_._,_._,_

Join us on Facebook!