Date: 4/27/24 4:45 pm
From: quercusvelutina2002 via groups.io <quercusvelutina2002...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Hawk ID help request-Lancaster County, Pioneers Park
Thank you Gordon and Shari for the reply! Also, I wanted to pass along that Shari let me know that an expert took a look and agreed with the immature Red-shouldered Hawk id and thought 'it has to be a one-year-old given the date.'

I've continued to see the mature Red-shouldered Hawk (presumably same bird that has been around since December) occasionally, but the 1-2 times I've seen a second hawk at the same time it has been in flight and disappeared from view before I could get a closer look.

Rachel Simpson
Lincoln
Lancaster County