Date: 4/27/24 3:21 pm
From: Chris Anderson via groups.io <canderson1...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Sioux Falls area birds
Today 11 people joined the Sioux Falls Bird Club field trip to visit the wetlands west of town. The wind was a little chilly but the birds were plentiful as we found at least 68 species, with Wilson's Phalaropes being one of the birds of the day as they were present in quite a few places. Other shorebirds included Baird's, Semipalmated, and Spotted Sandpipers; Long-billed Dowitchers, American Avocets, Lesser Yellowlegs, a Semipalmated Plover, and two Sanderlings. We also saw Forster's and Black Terns and a group of 30+ White-faced Ibis. Yellow-headed Blackbirds were everywhere as well.
Thanks to everyone who attended. Our next club outing will be Saturday, May 18 to Newton Hills State Park.
Chris Anderson
Sioux Falls, SD
Species list for the day:
Canada Goose