Date: 4/27/24 2:23 pm
From: Judy Griffith <9waterfall9...>
Subject: Re: Red-headed Woodpecker!
Numerous native Shortleaf Pines that died in the drought of 2011- 2013 surprisingly and wonderfully became homes to Red-headed Woodpeckers!
The beautiful birds also came to our suet feeders where we thrilled in their beauty, and they raised many young here before leaving every autumn. Over the years those cavity trees have finally fallen over but there are still more in the surrounding woods.
The birds are indeed spectacular to see with their brilliant colors!
Thank you, Hrishikesh.

> On Apr 27, 2024, at 3:48 PM, Hrishikesh More <hrishikesh.r.more...> wrote:
>
> We have one visiting for the last few days (April 25 2:40 pm onwards) on suet feeders.
> I am not sure if they have a very large range or not, this male is not seen year round. Last year also during spring time this male visited for 4 weeks (almost daily) then no show.
>
> However, whenever he visits, it is an absolute joy to watch such a brilliantly colored bird. I just wish he stays around for the whole year as the range indicates (in Sibley).
>
> regards,
> Hrishikesh
> Bella Vista
>
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2024 at 10:11 AM Judy Griffith <9waterfall9...> <mailto:<9waterfall9...>> wrote:
> Saw one beauty for the first time yesterday since they departed last fall.
>
> Judith
> Ninestone, Carroll County

> write to: mailto:<ARBIRD-L-SIGNOFF-REQUEST...> <mailto:<ARBIRD-L-SIGNOFF-REQUEST...>
> or click the following link:
> http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa-UARKEDU.exe?SUBED1=ARBIRD-L&A=1 <http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa-UARKEDU.exe?SUBED1=ARBIRD-L&A=1>

or click the following link: