Date: 4/27/24 1:04 pm
From: T.G. Miko <tgmiko...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Tubac Hawk Watch: Swallow-tailed Kite
External Email

Peter et al,
One was seen in Encino, a suburb of inland Los Angeles vaguely 4 days ago
by someone who is not a birder (photos of it posted on Facebook with the
usual "Hey I've never seen one of these birds around here before, what is
it?"). It appears that that bird was refound this morning in Ventura
county, close to Los Angeles county, but we are wiggling nervously in our
seats while trying to find out if that bird here is chaseable. So in plain
English there's at least two of them in the American Southwest. Very cool.

Thomas Geza Miko
Claremont, LA County
909.241.3300
"Az sem kellemes, ha halálra ítélik az embert, de hogy a sakk csapatában se
játszhasson már, az váratlanul érte. Erre végképp nem volt felkészülve"
--Spiró György