Date: 4/27/24 12:22 pm
From: Paul Mckay <paulmck57...>
Subject: Re: Merlin
I think that is the perfect use of merlin.
The more I use it(which is now all the time) the more I like it.
I have fun using it while out in the pasture feeding my horses every day,
just hold it up and see if I am missing something. When I walk I stop at
various places and check as well.
For me it is no different than having an experienced leader say "over
there, I hear a cape may warbler".
It's now as important as binoculars.
Paul

On Sat, Apr 27, 2024, 12:42 PM cynthia burkhart <
<000000990b36e23b-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> So…if you are birding without Merlin, hasn’t it been common to report
> birds heard but not seen, usually with a note of “Heard only”? How is that
> any different from reporting birds heard repeatedly by Merlin, but not
> seen, if they are birds one would expect in your area at that time?
> I cannot hear any birds due to auditory nerve deafness, except for the
> cooing of the mourning dove and the drumming of woodpeckers. Standing on
> my front porch, the world is silent. But setting my iPad on the front
> porch railing and letting Merlin listen for 5-10 minutes, I discover the
> birds that are singing, but not seen. I have reported some of these on
> ebird marked with an “x”, along with a note “ heard by Merlin”.
> Cynthia Burkhart
> Ritchie County
>
> Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!