Date: 4/25/24 6:20 pm
From: Curtis Stewart <curtibob...>
Subject: OOS Spring meeting field trip.
Hey all-

I plan on starting the field trip/bird walk for the OOS Spring Meeting on Saturday just after sunrise near the Eagle Roost trailhead and parking area on Saturday 27 April. This is near the refuge headquarters at Salt Plains National Wildlife Refuge on Harper Rd. north of Nescatunga and West of highway 38. Sunrise looks to be around 0645 that day so if we start at 0700 that gives folks a little cushion before we head out along the trail. Afterwards and if the weather allows I think a walk along Sandpiper Trail should be easily doable before lunch too.

I was at the refuge last weekend and the water levels had fallen some at Sand Creek Bay yielding more mudflats than have been present recently, so I am hopeful for some amazing shorebird activity this weekend. I hope the weather cooperates for us. I look forward to seeing some good birds and you good people as well.

Thanks-

Curtis

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!