Date: 4/24/24 1:29 pm
From: drhal2 Yocum <drhal2...>
Subject: Mitch Park Hummingbirds
I/ we have located 3 hummingbirds here at Mitch. Photos of 2 of the3 show them to be black- chinned. No photos of #3 yet.
We have not seen the Ruby-throat return yet to the set of honeysuckle that has been its location for many summers 8-10 ( likely several generations that were hatched here).
Locations- one is living on the east side of the Park near the community pond entrance . There are several (3) growths of the honeysuckle there right along the main path, the entrance path to the pond and one at about 8 o’clock onto path around the pond going clockwise from the entrance.
#2 is around the main large metal bridge and feeds on the honeysuckle at each end of the bridge. It has a “sitting tree “ on the south side of the bridge in a 30 ft dead willow tree. Likely more than that one tree, but often there.
#3 is along the north side where main path just west of the connection of the dirt/ grassy path from the Skate Park parking to the north. This one we do not have a definite photo ID yet.
LAWT pair living in the creek and has been heard more than seen both to the N& S of the bridge.
No reports of Bells vireo yet, nor painted buntings.
Hal Yocum

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!