Date: 4/24/24 8:52 am
From: Matt Webb <matt.webb...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Mystery dove song at Golden Ponds
Interesting, Jamie! I listened closely to the recording, and can hear a
trilling occur before all three of the calls in the recording.
At this link: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/White-tipped_Dove/sounds,
check out the second recording, which includes a similar trill before each
call. Also on several recordings on Xeno-Canto from birds in Texas, like
this: https://xeno-canto.org/277692

The trill in Jamie's recording sounds too low to resemble anything else I
can think of that trills.

I'm interested to hear what others think of this recording, and the
possibility that Jamie recorded a White-tipped Dove?

Matt

*Matthew M Webb*

Senior Avian Ecologist and Motus Wildlife Tracking System Coordinator

*Bird Conservancy of the Rockies*

Motus project #281 <https://motus.org/data/project?id=281>

970.482.1707 x36 (office)

970.405.7155 (mobile - use this number!)
www.birdconservancy.org

*Connect with us on *Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/birdconservancy>
* and *Twitter <https://twitter.com/BirdConservancy>

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 2:48 PM <iron......> <ironekilz...>
wrote:

> I was at Golden Ponds in Longmont this morning and in the back corner by
> the creek I heard an odd dove song. My first thought was that someone was
> blowing a recorder because it had that quality to it. The Merlin app didn't
> ping on it, but I did get a recording. I'm not sure if Cobirds will allow
> the link, but here goes nothing. You can hear it best at 1:49, 2:44, and
> 3:17:
> https://link.edgepilot.com/s/9b410fe3/G0gyn7WLXUm2F6ix3v2iIw?u=https://drive.google.com/file/d/14hsOg2PM-D2R0AVuDtFw4YdvgUeizcAe/view?usp=sharing
>
> I couldn't locate the bird to see it, but the closest song to this that I
> could find is White-tipped Dove. Am I crazy? Is this just a weird Mourning
> Dove or Eurasian Collared-Dove?
>
> Jamie Simo
> Longmont
>
> --
> --
>
> https://link.edgepilot.com/s/b2f381e7/cqBIiLmYJESn6M4P1Lw_SQ?u=http://groups.google.com/group/cobirds
> * All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city. Include
> bird species and location in the subject line when appropriate.
> * Join Colorado Field Ornithologists
> https://link.edgepilot.com/s/b818868e/86bz2JY7CUCshSkoqNuPEg?u=https://cobirds.org/membership/
> ---
> "Colorado Birds" group.
> email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>
> https://link.edgepilot.com/s/7e7946a5/Ub_iCdeV-kaG7g9chIsqoQ?u=https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/e99e8113-9f79-4fb7-862a-470966aba7d9n%2540googlegroups.com
> <https://link.edgepilot.com/s/367aabf7/n0_CJFuSGUui6whQvnjRYg?u=https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/e99e8113-9f79-4fb7-862a-470966aba7d9n%2540googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email%26utm_source=footer>
> .

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<CAOZHPtzVtZPn2qbSLE6WV_cxoHUre-M5UkouY81EQMVB2486QQ...>

Join us on Facebook!