Date: 4/23/24 10:56 am
From: Brian Fitch via groups.io <fogeggs...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Migrants!
Between 7:30-8:15, the following species of interest were on the hills
north of McLaren Lodge and the Horseshoe Pits in eastern Golden Gate Park:
Western Flycatcher
Warbling Vireo - 2-3 singing
Red-breasted Nuthatch - calling from an oak
Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped, Townsend's and Wilson's Warblers
Western Tanager - singing
White-throated Sparrow - 2 singing, something I rarely hear in SF
Black-headed Grosbeak - singing
Bullock's Oriole - 6 together in a single oak

Yesterday there were 2 Lazuli Buntings and an American Goldfinch at Ft
Scott, and the Harlequin Duck continued below Battery Godfrey. The duck
was not present early in the morning, but sailed into view from the
direction of the bridge after 9 AM. Over at the East Wash below the Legion
of Honor, 2 Bullock's and 2 Hooded Orioles were briefly in a Euc together.

On the 20th, a Nashville Warbler and two more late staying but silent White
throated Sparrows were in Buena Vista Park.
Brian Fitch