Date: 4/21/24 5:25 am
From: Lynne Wheeler <lynne.wheeler530...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] seeking public comments on a proposed National Wildlife Refuge in Southern Maryland
Thanks Francesca for chiming in on this issue. I submitted a multi
paragraph letter of support. FYI - I was born and raised Western Charles
County, and live just outside Nanjemoy in Chicamuxen. I have been a birder
for 30 plus years, and an active participant with many environmental
groups, as well as the Charles County Coordinator for the MD-DC Breeding
Bird Atlas. I welcome any land being purchased by Feds for conservation, it
is easier for me to have access on gov't owned lands then it is from an
owner. We are also under pressure from builder groups really wanting to
build the western part of our county, and this forest tract needs to be
protected. I hope they are successful. E Lynne Wheeler