Date: 4/20/24 4:33 pm
From: Patty McLean <plm108...>
Subject: Bald Knob Birds and Birders
In spite of the wind and cloudy skies, lots of good birds were busy feeding and resting today, giving the 15 or more birders we saw at the refuge a real treat. Highlights: *The continuing RED CROSSBILLs on S. Taylor Rd were active this afternoon. This is outside the refuge but worth mentioning.*Ditch 13, North: A single White-faced Ibis and several Snowy Egrets*Ditch 13, South: two Peregrine Falcons*Silos: a good showing of YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRDs feeding on the spilled grain and making their crazy sounds. A life bird for several folks today. *Cells 1 and 2: Wilson's Phalarope, continuing American Avocets, hundreds of Long-billed Dowitchers, several Dunlin and a Stilt Sandpiper. Black-necked Stilts and Yellowlegs also active here along with 100+ swallows. *On our way out, we had 2 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks fly over. We followed them to where they landed in a dead tree, hopefully checking out a nest site.A fun day for all of us. Patty McLean and Michael Linz The Roadrunners

or click the following link: