Date: 4/19/24 6:59 pm
From: Dan Rottino via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Tagged Herring Gull follow-up
Dear CT birders, although not pertinent to the imminent spring migration breakout, I just received info on the tagged HERRING gull from the North Windham Walmart parking lot where the Euro Common Gull was also seen. On Feb 9, 2024 I did not see the Common Gull, but I photographed a tagged juvenile gull. Thanks to Liam Taylor for reaching out to the Maine bird banding community! Liam said:

> I can confirm that K1K was banded as a chick on July 24, 2023 on Shabby Island, Maine. The exact hatch date is unknown but the chick was notably small compared to others in the area at the time.
>
> Approximate location: 44.166369, -68.558634

The bander is W. Hodge from College of the Atlantic.

A picture of the gull is in the eBird checklist.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S161029783

Whether or not the Common Gull is from the same flock is unknown, but perhaps it is a summer resident in Maine, like many folks!

Dan Rottino
East Haddam, CT

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send an email with just "join" or "leave" in the subject or body to: <ctbirds-request...>