Date: 4/19/24 5:49 am
From: 'Wasilco, Mike R (DEC)' via Geneseebirds <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: RE: [GeneseeBirds-L] Early Nesting Activity
Looking at the breeding season table from the Atlas 2000, mourning dove are listed as having eggs as early as March 9 and as late as September 28. So mid April is not really very early for them to have eggs.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/is-ebird-wordpress-prod-s3/wp-content/uploads/sites/79/2019/11/BreedingSeasonTable_Atlas2000.pdf

Michael R. Wasilco
Region 8 Supervisor of Natural Resources

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
6274 E. Avon-Lima Rd., Avon, NY 14414
P: (585)226-5460 | F: (585) 226-6323 | <mike.wasilco...><mailto:<mike.wasilco...>

www.dec.ny.gov<http://www.dec.ny.gov/> | [cid:<image001.png...>] <https://www.facebook.com/NYSDEC> | [cid:<image002.png...>] <https://twitter.com/NYSDEC>