Date: 4/18/24 4:29 pm
From: Debra Balicki <debandronb...>
Subject: Re: White-Throated Sparrow(?)
I still have white throated sparrows here along with a few pine siskins. But the red eyed vireos are singing the loudest.
I have summer tanagers now and had one hooded warbler land in my plum tree a couple of days ago. One blue grosbeak stopped by for a drink from my bird bath.
Debbie Balicki
Joplin Arkansas
Montgomery County.
Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 18, 2024, at 3:50 PM, Jerry Davis <jwdavis...> wrote:
>
> I still have 10+ White-throates sparrows in Hot Springs. This is down from a high of 53 a couple of months ago. They are in their breeding colors and look good.
>
> Jerry Wayne Davis
> Hot Springs, AR
>

>> On 2024-04-18 2:38 pm, Harriet Jansma wrote:
>> The most enthusiastic birdsongs around us this week are those of the
>> White-Throated Sparrow. It has been so warm that we are surprised they
>> are still here. Shouldn't they be heading for Canada by now?
>> Not complaining: this is one of the sweetest songs we ever hear.
>> p.s. Carolina wrens are again feeding their young in the flower-pot
>> nest on our chimney wall. We made a flat tin roof to keep them dry,
>> and they seem to love it there.
>> And a Robin seems to want to splash in our birdbath all the day long.
>> With this week's heat and today's humidity, we understand.
>> Harriet Jansma
>> South slope, Mount Sequoyah, Fayetteville
> write to: mailto:<ARBIRD-L-SIGNOFF-REQUEST...>
> or click the following link:
> http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa-UARKEDU.exe?SUBED1=ARBIRD-L&A=1

or click the following link: