Date: 4/18/24 12:38 pm
From: Harriet Jansma <hjansma...>
Subject: White-Throated Sparrow(?)
The most enthusiastic birdsongs around us this week are those of the White-Throated Sparrow. It has been so warm that we are surprised they are still here. Shouldn't they be heading for Canada by now?

Not complaining: this is one of the sweetest songs we ever hear.

p.s. Carolina wrens are again feeding their young in the flower-pot nest on our chimney wall. We made a flat tin roof to keep them dry, and they seem to love it there.

And a Robin seems to want to splash in our birdbath all the day long. With this week's heat and today's humidity, we understand.

Harriet Jansma
South slope, Mount Sequoyah, Fayetteville

or click the following link: