Date: 4/16/24 7:43 pm
From: Tom Benedict via Tweeters <tweeters...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Bonaparte's gull
Larus philadelphia are found in varying numbers throughout the Sound in fall/winter/spring. They are supposed to be ‘common’ but for me they are always ‘uncommon’ and a treat to see them flitting about.

Constellation Park is a wonderful location for seeing seabirds. Histrionicus histrionicus are regulars in the fall/winter/early spring in the rocky near shore, as well as Branta bernicla browsing the kelp beds. And the brass constellation maps in the sidewalk are a bonus.

Tom Benedict
Seahurst, WA