Date: 4/16/24 4:28 pm
From: Dan Cunkelman <dancunkelman...>
Subject: Cardinal nest - Indiana County
I think we can upgrade the breeding bird status for Northern Cardinals in Conemaugh Twp, Indiana County. A couple weeks ago I noticed some sticks arranged on the branch of a Holly tree. Last week I discovered a completed nest. This Holly is at the corner of our garage where I park my car. The nest is about 4 feet off the ground. Sunday I noticed one egg and momma was hiding in the tree. Earlier today I observed egg number two. When I came home later, momma was sitting on the nest. I am hoping she feels safe and secure. Night time predators could be a problem.
This may be the same nester that previously took residence in shrubs under the kitchen window. I had to remove those shrubs before they started construction.

Dan Cunkelman
Conemaugh Twp, Indiana County

Sent from Dan Cunkelman's iPhone

Join us on Facebook!