Date: 4/16/24 4:16 pm
From: Peter Metropulos via groups.io <pjmetrop...>
Subject: [pen-bird] COMMON TERNS at Bean Hollow Beach
Last Sunday(April 14) I was on the coast so I decided to stop off at my favorite perch at Bean Hollow State Beach . With a Northeasterly breeze most birds were pushed way offshore.I noticed quite a few terns moving North so I concentrated on them. During the course of the morning I tallied 209 ELEGANT TERNS,mostly way out there. Closer to shore were 10 FORSTER'S and 2 COMMON TERNS.
Marine mammals included GRAY WHALES, HARBOR PORPOISE, RISSO'S DOLPHINS(pod of 3), and SEA OTTER.

Peter J. Metropulos