Date: 4/16/24 10:45 am
From: Leslie Kramer <kramer.lf...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Brookline Bird Club Annual Meeting, Friday, 4/19/24: All welcom!
All are welcome at our hybrid annual meeting, 7-9 PM, social hour 6:30
Zoom link on our website: www.Brooklinebirdclub.org
Harvard University Geologic Hall, 24 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA
Free Parking: Oxford Street Garage, 52 Oxford Street

We will be presenting, for your vote, the slate of BBC Officers and
Directors, additional business items, and club updates.

After the business meeting, hear from our speaker Deborah Cramer, who
traveled from the tip of South America up into the Arctic, accompanying a
shorebird — the Red Knot — along one of earth’s longest avian migrations.
Along the way, she witnessed the birds’ extraordinary relationship with the
horseshoe crab, an ancient animal that comes ashore once a year to lay its
eggs in the sand. Join Deborah to explore how our health and the health of
shorebirds and horseshoe crabs are intertwined, and the increasing
importance of Massachusetts in this story. Deborah is the author of The
Narrow Edge: A Tiny Bird, An Ancient Crab, and An Epic Journey, which
received the Best Book Award from the U.S. National Academies of Science
and the Rachel Carson Book Award from the Society of Environmental
Journalists. She lives at the edge of the Great Marsh, walking through the
dunes, and kayaking in its bays and tidal creeks as often as she can.

Leslie Kramer
BBC President

Join us on Facebook!